Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Valley County is a prime location to utilize geothermal heating and cooling systems. These systems are safe, offer lower operating costs than traditional HVAC systems, have a longer life cycle and come with great benefits like bonus hot water, and quite operation. Geothermal heating also has huge benefits to the environment. When compared to traditional heating systems, a standard geothermal system produces approximately one less pound of carbon dioxide for every hour of use. Over twenty years, that would be the equivalent of converting 58,000 cars to zero emissions vehicles.
Geothermal is also eligible for tax savings. A 30% tax credit in the United States has been reinstated for 2018 for ENERGY STAR qualified geothermal heat pumps. The 30% credit applies to geothermal equipment placed in service through 2019. Tax credits will still be available at a reduced rate until 2022.
To learn more about this type of heating system, we recommend visiting the Geo Comfort website.
LumaStream is an LED lighting company that has created a better way to manage low voltage power distribution, providing the most sustainable and intelligent LED lighting solutions on the market today. We saw an inherent weakness in the industry’s current approach and resolved it.
LumaStream has a better solution. Efficient. Safe. Logical. We say, address the problem once, at the source. The benefits of this solution are clear. It creates a reliable, effective system, reduces your carbon footprint, and offers you additional benefits that other lighting solutions can’t provide.
- Commercial lighting consumes 19% of U.S. electricity. Our LED lighting solution reduces that by 85% or more over traditional sources.
- Our driverless LED fixtures eliminate waste inside each bulb and are more likely to reach the end of their 50,000-hour lifespan.
- We provide centralized low-voltage power distribution for dozens of LED fixtures up to 150 ft. from the driver.
- 50,000-hour fixtures mean less waste (and less maintenance).
- Low power use means less heat output, lower HVAC costs.
- We use safe, simple, speaker wire rather than heavy gauge wiring that also requires MC cable or electrical conduit.
- LEDs eliminate the mercury waste of their predecessors.
- Simplified installation, minimal infrastructure, low maintenance, and lower upfront costs followed by ongoing energy savings.
- A holistic system backed by LumaStream’s 24/7 customer support before, during, and after installation.
For more information, please visit the LumaStream website.
Building a new home is an expensive investment. Additionally, building in snow country creates many potential problems for homes that are unable to perform in an extreme climate. High energy bills, ice dams, moisture damage, mold, and comfort issues can create a major headache for any homeowner. EnergySeal makes sure your new home is durable, comfortable, efficient, and virtually worry free.
EnergySeal’s seamless insulation systems are spray applied and complimented with extensive air sealing. The ‘cellular’ structure of our spray applied systems help to stop air movement and thermal degrading convective loops from penetrating the cavity. EnergySeal’s seamless system R-values are largely unaffected by extreme climate conditions or wind pressure.
For more information, please visit the EnergySeal website.
Laminated Lumber and TStud Framing
LSL is manufactured from flaked wood strands, LVL boards are engineered by adhering multiple pieces of thin lumber together, and Tstuds are lumber pieces combined by dowels with insulation between.
The straightness of these engineered lumber pieces reduces time spent looking for wood that meets standards, and the benefits of building a truly straight framed house trickle down into other build areas such as plumbing, tiling, and cabinetry.
Tstuds have the added benefit of significantly improving your home’s energy efficiency. The insulation in the boards provides a barrier between the external and internal environment. In locales with severe winter weather such as McCall, the use of these superior materials can have a profound effect on your custom home’s energy consumption, utility and repair costs, and general comfort.
Exceptional homes are built using exceptional materials. At Jug Mountain Builders we combine superior craftsmanship, dedication to excellence, and premium materials to build custom homes that are simply unparalleled.